International Numerical Sequences Contest 2019
Description & INSC 2019 Explicit Rules
- INSC 2019 consists of 50 numerical sequences of varying difficulty; items are more or less set in order of difficulty, but that’s not strictly the case. No specific knowledge required other than pattern recognition ability and fundamental operations (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division).
- Contest starts on March 21st, 2019 and ends on December 31st, 2019. Prizes (mentioned below) will be awarded at the end of the Contest.
- Answers should be sent through email, to ngtfinal (a) yahoo.gr. Answers will be evaluated and score report will be sent within 72 hours. Explanations for your answers are not needed. Required information along with your answers : Name & surname (mandatory), origin (optional), age (optional), gender (optional), scores on other tests (optional).
- Before submitting your answers, please recheck this page for possible changes,
- Scores will be posted on the relevant celebrating Contest Score List (dynamic top-50 scores list). Listing one’s score is optional; however, participants that are excluded from the list will be excluded from the prizes, too.
- A Contest Entrance Fee of 9 Euro, through paypal, to ngtfinal (a) yahoo.gr, is needed for the evaluation of your answers. In case one doesn’t have a paypal account or cannot afford the exact amount, one may send an email to ngtfinal (a) yahoo.gr for possible issue resolution.
- A maximum of 25 hours of solving, split through a course of some days, is suggested. More time devoted on the test won’t probably be of help.
- Last, but definitely not least : Work alone. Discussing answers with others or seeking for online or other help is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. Dignity and self-respect are demanded for this Contest. If not, at least respect for the honest effort of others shall be shown. If anyone feels that they won’t get the “score they deserve”, then it’s better not to try at all. Reference material won’t be of use.
- Prizes :
- 1st position : 500$
- 2nd position : 225$
- 3rd position : 100$
- 4th position : 75$
- 5th position : 50$
- 6th position : 30 $ (donation by Mr Domagoj Kutle, Croatia)
- 7th-11th position prize : Fee return.
- 12th position prize : Fee return (Donation by Mr Miroslav Radojevic, Serbia).
- In case of tie in any position, prizes will be split.
- All contestants will be entitled to free submissions on one or more of the rest of my tests. Relevant details will be announced later.
- Free submissions on tests by other authors, other prizes or expansion of the current standard prizes will be announced in the future. Possible donations will lead to expansion of currently announced monetary prizes.
-! March 26th, 2019 : Please re-download test file. Sequences 21, 22, 25, 26, 27 and 30 have been replaced.
-! March 27th, 2019 : Typo in sequence 22 corrected (thanks to E. Andelic, Germany).